For the 2016-17 school year, Pearce teachers and administration requested approximately $70,000 from PEEF to pay for programs, classroom materials, fees and field trips - things that our students and parents expect, but aren't covered in the school's budget. With PEEF's funding, our teachers are able to provided necessary technology and materials to their students, and continue their education to bring new ideas and programs to our children.
Unfortunately, we cannot fund all of these requests. Based on last year's fundraising, we will be able to support approximately $36,000 of these requests. We are hoping to get your help to fund even more next year.
Following are some of the larger funding requests for PEEF for 2016-2017:
- Staff Development to advance teaching methods and keep our curriculum current
- Instructional rounds to promote Pearce teacher excellence
- Keeping the computer lab open before school every week
- SOS Training Camp and Materials
- Academic Decathlon /UIL supplementary materials for competitions
- English Department - conducting individual writing conferences with students
- Consumable supplies for the Art Department
- Biology supplies for rat dissection
- Robotic Supplies for advanced technology education
- AP exam preparation supplemental materials
- AP music theory books and CDs
- Document Camera for enhanced teaching methods in the classroom
To learn more about specific PEEF requests, e-mail us at JJPEEF.org