For the 2016-18 school years, Pearce teachers and administration requested approximately $100,000 from PEEF to pay for programs, classroom materials, fees and field trips - things that our students and parents expect, but aren't covered in the school's budget. With PEEF's funding, our teachers are able to provided necessary technology and materials to their students, and continue their education to bring new ideas and programs to our children.
Unfortunately, we cannot fund all of these requests. Based on last year's fundraising, we will be able to support approximately $35,000 of these requests. We are hoping to get your help to fund even more next year.
Following are some of the larger funding requests for PEEF for 2017-2018:
- Staff Development to advance teaching methods and keep our curriculum current
- Chromebook training for teachers
- English Department - conducting individual writing conferences with students
- SOS Training Camp and Materials
- AVID training and field trips
- Academic Decathlon /UIL supplementary materials for competitions
- Mustang News (video announcements) camera and equipment
- Consumable supplies for the Art Department
- AP exam preparation supplemental materials
- Special Education sensory room materials
- Document Camera for enhanced teaching methods in the classroom
- Technology training for 16 student technology assistants
Teacher testimonials like this one are why you should consider donating to PEEF
"I just wanted to share with PEEF that the help they gave my AP Music Theory classes had tremendous results on our success this year. . . the software that PEEF provided allowed me to give them the basics like never before. My students scored 90% passing on the AP Music Theory CollegeBoard exam and 50% at the maximum score of 5...The district has now purchased a subscription for my program and many others in the district as a result of this pilot funding so now MANY more students will gain the benefit that PEEF provided my students last year. It's amazing what $300 can do!"
Melissa J. Livings
JJ Pearce HS Orchestra/AP Music Theory